Sep 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Regular HBT reader Jason Lukehart notes that Adam Dunn and Dan Uggla are about to make history: each are poised to set the record for the lowest on base percentage for a guy to lead his respective league in walks in major league history. Here’s the chart and the historical perspective.
Here’s to you, guys. Two players who know the difference between a ball and a strike but have a profoundly difficult time doing things with most of the strikes they see. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 137
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)