Sep 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Regular HBT reader Jason Lukehart notes that Adam Dunn and Dan Uggla are about to make history: each are poised to set the record for the lowest on base percentage for a guy to lead his respective league in walks in major league history. Here’s the chart and the historical perspective.
Here’s to you, guys. Two players who know the difference between a ball and a strike but have a profoundly difficult time doing things with most of the strikes they see. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59