Sep 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Regular HBT reader Jason Lukehart notes that Adam Dunn and Dan Uggla are about to make history: each are poised to set the record for the lowest on base percentage for a guy to lead his respective league in walks in major league history. Here’s the chart and the historical perspective.
Here’s to you, guys. Two players who know the difference between a ball and a strike but have a profoundly difficult time doing things with most of the strikes they see. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 0
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 42
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 39
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)