Sep 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Regular HBT reader Jason Lukehart notes that Adam Dunn and Dan Uggla are about to make history: each are poised to set the record for the lowest on base percentage for a guy to lead his respective league in walks in major league history. Here’s the chart and the historical perspective.
Here’s to you, guys. Two players who know the difference between a ball and a strike but have a profoundly difficult time doing things with most of the strikes they see. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)