Sep 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Regular HBT reader Jason Lukehart notes that Adam Dunn and Dan Uggla are about to make history: each are poised to set the record for the lowest on base percentage for a guy to lead his respective league in walks in major league history. Here’s the chart and the historical perspective.
Here’s to you, guys. Two players who know the difference between a ball and a strike but have a profoundly difficult time doing things with most of the strikes they see. Too weird to live, too rare to die.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 6
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 50
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 86
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (88)