Sep 28, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
John Fay reports that Dusty Baker is coming back on Monday, when the Reds play the Cardinals in the season’s last series. He also reports that he’s feeling much better than he did before he went into the hospital, though he is noticeably thinner.
This is really only worth a one line post — go to Fay’s article for Baker’s comments — but because I hate having only one paragraph in a post, I’ll use this paragraph to link GQ’s oral history of “Cheers.” Which was a fine, fine show and thus makes for a fine, fine story, even if it wasn’t as good as “Night Court.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)