Sep 28, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Rangers. According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, an MRI ruled out any significant issues with his shoulder. He was diagnosed with a cervical (neck) sprain, but it’s not known when he’ll be able to resume throwing.
5:42 PM: Texas’ bullpen may have just lost its top setup man right before the playoffs, as Mike Adams told Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram that he’s out indefinitely with a shoulder injury and underwent an MRI exam today.
Adams missed time earlier this month with the same injury and had an ugly outing yesterday in which he served up three homers in two-thirds of an inning after previously allowing a grand total of one homer in his first 52.2 innings this season.
Adams has been extremely good for the Rangers since coming over in a trade from the Padres last July, logging 78 innings with a 2.88 ERA and 70/22 K/BB ratio. For now he’s hoping to be ready for the playoffs, but that’s obviously far from a sure thing.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 0
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 1
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 37
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)