Sep 28, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Rangers. According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, an MRI ruled out any significant issues with his shoulder. He was diagnosed with a cervical (neck) sprain, but it’s not known when he’ll be able to resume throwing.
5:42 PM: Texas’ bullpen may have just lost its top setup man right before the playoffs, as Mike Adams told Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram that he’s out indefinitely with a shoulder injury and underwent an MRI exam today.
Adams missed time earlier this month with the same injury and had an ugly outing yesterday in which he served up three homers in two-thirds of an inning after previously allowing a grand total of one homer in his first 52.2 innings this season.
Adams has been extremely good for the Rangers since coming over in a trade from the Padres last July, logging 78 innings with a 2.88 ERA and 70/22 K/BB ratio. For now he’s hoping to be ready for the playoffs, but that’s obviously far from a sure thing.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)