Sep 28, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Although you may remember him as Grant Desme, the Oakland A’s center field prospect who hit .288/.365/.568 with 31 homers and 40 steals in 131 games between high Single-A and Double-A in 2009. And then who, in 2010, quit baseball and joined a seminary to become a priest.
Today Jeff Passan has the story of where he’s been and what he’s been doing for the past two years. It’s a good long read, but I think this sums it up:
I had everything I wanted,” he says, “and it wasn’t enough.”
Sometimes it’s that simple.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness