Sep 28, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
We mentioned the other day that a developer in St. Petersburg was going to unveil plans for a new Rays ballpark today. He did, and here’s an artist’s rendering.
Pretty. It’s supposed to hold 35,000 people which, hey, I suppose it could happen someday. It’s also supposed to cost between $540 million to $577 million if they go with a retractable roof or fixed-roof version, and $424 million for an open air stadium. Which would be monumentally stupid in Florida.
No sense of how anyone would pay for this, how it jibes with the iron-clad lease the Rays currently have for Tropicana Field or anything of that nature. But hey, pretty pictures.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 2
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)