Sep 28, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
We mentioned the other day that a developer in St. Petersburg was going to unveil plans for a new Rays ballpark today. He did, and here’s an artist’s rendering.
Pretty. It’s supposed to hold 35,000 people which, hey, I suppose it could happen someday. It’s also supposed to cost between $540 million to $577 million if they go with a retractable roof or fixed-roof version, and $424 million for an open air stadium. Which would be monumentally stupid in Florida.
No sense of how anyone would pay for this, how it jibes with the iron-clad lease the Rays currently have for Tropicana Field or anything of that nature. But hey, pretty pictures.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 8
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)