Sep 28, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
We mentioned the other day that a developer in St. Petersburg was going to unveil plans for a new Rays ballpark today. He did, and here’s an artist’s rendering.
Pretty. It’s supposed to hold 35,000 people which, hey, I suppose it could happen someday. It’s also supposed to cost between $540 million to $577 million if they go with a retractable roof or fixed-roof version, and $424 million for an open air stadium. Which would be monumentally stupid in Florida.
No sense of how anyone would pay for this, how it jibes with the iron-clad lease the Rays currently have for Tropicana Field or anything of that nature. But hey, pretty pictures.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)