Sep 28, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
On July 31, the Phillies sent Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for Ethan Martin, Josh Lindblom and a player to be named later. The Phillies just announced that Stefan Jarrin is the player to be named later, as they have acquired him from the Dodgers.
Jarrin is a second baseman who has spent two seasons with the Dodgers rookie league team in the Arizona League. He’s 22 and has hit .211/.309/.336 in 176 plate appearances. So, no, not likely to alter the balance of power.
Stefan Jarrin is, however, the grandson of Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrin, the long time Spanish language voice of the Dodgers. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 338
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 51
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)