Sep 28, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
On July 31, the Phillies sent Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for Ethan Martin, Josh Lindblom and a player to be named later. The Phillies just announced that Stefan Jarrin is the player to be named later, as they have acquired him from the Dodgers.
Jarrin is a second baseman who has spent two seasons with the Dodgers rookie league team in the Arizona League. He’s 22 and has hit .211/.309/.336 in 176 plate appearances. So, no, not likely to alter the balance of power.
Stefan Jarrin is, however, the grandson of Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrin, the long time Spanish language voice of the Dodgers. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 0
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 21
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 54
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 77
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 35
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (180)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)