Sep 28, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
On July 31, the Phillies sent Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for Ethan Martin, Josh Lindblom and a player to be named later. The Phillies just announced that Stefan Jarrin is the player to be named later, as they have acquired him from the Dodgers.
Jarrin is a second baseman who has spent two seasons with the Dodgers rookie league team in the Arizona League. He’s 22 and has hit .211/.309/.336 in 176 plate appearances. So, no, not likely to alter the balance of power.
Stefan Jarrin is, however, the grandson of Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrin, the long time Spanish language voice of the Dodgers. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)