Sep 28, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
On July 31, the Phillies sent Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for Ethan Martin, Josh Lindblom and a player to be named later. The Phillies just announced that Stefan Jarrin is the player to be named later, as they have acquired him from the Dodgers.
Jarrin is a second baseman who has spent two seasons with the Dodgers rookie league team in the Arizona League. He’s 22 and has hit .211/.309/.336 in 176 plate appearances. So, no, not likely to alter the balance of power.
Stefan Jarrin is, however, the grandson of Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrin, the long time Spanish language voice of the Dodgers. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)