Sep 28, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
On July 31, the Phillies sent Shane Victorino to the Dodgers for Ethan Martin, Josh Lindblom and a player to be named later. The Phillies just announced that Stefan Jarrin is the player to be named later, as they have acquired him from the Dodgers.
Jarrin is a second baseman who has spent two seasons with the Dodgers rookie league team in the Arizona League. He’s 22 and has hit .211/.309/.336 in 176 plate appearances. So, no, not likely to alter the balance of power.
Stefan Jarrin is, however, the grandson of Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrin, the long time Spanish language voice of the Dodgers. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (92)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)