Sep 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
The A’s went down 4-0 when the Mariners’ Michael Saunders launched a two-run homer to right field in the fourth inning on Saturday at O.co Coliseum. But the rest of the afternoon belonged to Oakland.
Brandon Moss hit an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth, an RBI double in the bottom of the eighth and a walkoff three-run blast in the bottom of the 10th as the A’s continued their wild 2012 campaign with a 7-4 come-from-behind win over the visiting Mariners.
The A’s are now 90-68, ranking second in the American League Wild Card standings. The Orioles, who just got underway against the Red Sox, hold the first Wild Card spot with a record of 90-67. Anaheim (currently 87-70 and in a rain delay in Texas) sits third.
It was the 14th walkoff victory of the season for the Athletics. The magicial ride continues.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)