Sep 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
The A’s went down 4-0 when the Mariners’ Michael Saunders launched a two-run homer to right field in the fourth inning on Saturday at O.co Coliseum. But the rest of the afternoon belonged to Oakland.
Brandon Moss hit an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth, an RBI double in the bottom of the eighth and a walkoff three-run blast in the bottom of the 10th as the A’s continued their wild 2012 campaign with a 7-4 come-from-behind win over the visiting Mariners.
The A’s are now 90-68, ranking second in the American League Wild Card standings. The Orioles, who just got underway against the Red Sox, hold the first Wild Card spot with a record of 90-67. Anaheim (currently 87-70 and in a rain delay in Texas) sits third.
It was the 14th walkoff victory of the season for the Athletics. The magicial ride continues.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)