Sep 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
The A’s went down 4-0 when the Mariners’ Michael Saunders launched a two-run homer to right field in the fourth inning on Saturday at O.co Coliseum. But the rest of the afternoon belonged to Oakland.
Brandon Moss hit an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth, an RBI double in the bottom of the eighth and a walkoff three-run blast in the bottom of the 10th as the A’s continued their wild 2012 campaign with a 7-4 come-from-behind win over the visiting Mariners.
The A’s are now 90-68, ranking second in the American League Wild Card standings. The Orioles, who just got underway against the Red Sox, hold the first Wild Card spot with a record of 90-67. Anaheim (currently 87-70 and in a rain delay in Texas) sits third.
It was the 14th walkoff victory of the season for the Athletics. The magicial ride continues.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)