Sep 29, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
The A’s went down 4-0 when the Mariners’ Michael Saunders launched a two-run homer to right field in the fourth inning on Saturday at O.co Coliseum. But the rest of the afternoon belonged to Oakland.
Brandon Moss hit an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth, an RBI double in the bottom of the eighth and a walkoff three-run blast in the bottom of the 10th as the A’s continued their wild 2012 campaign with a 7-4 come-from-behind win over the visiting Mariners.
The A’s are now 90-68, ranking second in the American League Wild Card standings. The Orioles, who just got underway against the Red Sox, hold the first Wild Card spot with a record of 90-67. Anaheim (currently 87-70 and in a rain delay in Texas) sits third.
It was the 14th walkoff victory of the season for the Athletics. The magicial ride continues.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 24
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48