Sep 29, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
UPDATE: Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News reports that Cano is in today’s lineup against the Blue Jays, playing second base and batting cleanup.
9:31 AM: Nothing official from the team yet, but Meredith Marakovits of YES Network hears that X-rays were negative on Cano’s hand. However, it’s not clear whether he will play today.
9:30 AM: Scary moment for the Bombers last night, as Robinson Cano was hit in the left hand with a pitch during the sixth inning. He stayed in the game and even had an RBI single in the eighth inning, which is a pretty promising sign, but Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that he was sent to a Toronto hospital after the game for X-rays.
Cano actually underwent a fluoroscope exam at Rogers Centre, but it came back inconclusive. Yankees manager Joe Girardi is optimistic that it’s nothing serious, but they just want to rule out the possibility of a fracture. Test results are expected to be available this morning.
Cano went 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored last night and is hitting .301/.371/.526 with 30 home runs, 83 RBI and an .897 OPS in 156 games played this year.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)