Sep 29, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
UPDATE: Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News reports that Cano is in today’s lineup against the Blue Jays, playing second base and batting cleanup.
9:31 AM: Nothing official from the team yet, but Meredith Marakovits of YES Network hears that X-rays were negative on Cano’s hand. However, it’s not clear whether he will play today.
9:30 AM: Scary moment for the Bombers last night, as Robinson Cano was hit in the left hand with a pitch during the sixth inning. He stayed in the game and even had an RBI single in the eighth inning, which is a pretty promising sign, but Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that he was sent to a Toronto hospital after the game for X-rays.
Cano actually underwent a fluoroscope exam at Rogers Centre, but it came back inconclusive. Yankees manager Joe Girardi is optimistic that it’s nothing serious, but they just want to rule out the possibility of a fracture. Test results are expected to be available this morning.
Cano went 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored last night and is hitting .301/.371/.526 with 30 home runs, 83 RBI and an .897 OPS in 156 games played this year.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)