Sep 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
If everything goes as planned, Sunday will be bench coach Chris Speier’s final day as acting manager. Dusty Baker will be in St. Louis tonight and back on the bench managing on Monday for the final three-game series. Baker missed his 11th game Sunday as he’s been recovering from an irregular heartbeat, followed by a minor stroke.
“Dusty is doing well,” Speier told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale in Pittsburgh. “He sends his best.”
The Reds will wrap up their regular season schedule at Busch Stadium. They have an opportunity to play spolier against the rival Redbirds, who hold a two-game lead on the second National League Wild Card.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 11
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 179
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (179)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)