Sep 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
If everything goes as planned, Sunday will be bench coach Chris Speier’s final day as acting manager. Dusty Baker will be in St. Louis tonight and back on the bench managing on Monday for the final three-game series. Baker missed his 11th game Sunday as he’s been recovering from an irregular heartbeat, followed by a minor stroke.
“Dusty is doing well,” Speier told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale in Pittsburgh. “He sends his best.”
The Reds will wrap up their regular season schedule at Busch Stadium. They have an opportunity to play spolier against the rival Redbirds, who hold a two-game lead on the second National League Wild Card.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)