Sep 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
If everything goes as planned, Sunday will be bench coach Chris Speier’s final day as acting manager. Dusty Baker will be in St. Louis tonight and back on the bench managing on Monday for the final three-game series. Baker missed his 11th game Sunday as he’s been recovering from an irregular heartbeat, followed by a minor stroke.
“Dusty is doing well,” Speier told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale in Pittsburgh. “He sends his best.”
The Reds will wrap up their regular season schedule at Busch Stadium. They have an opportunity to play spolier against the rival Redbirds, who hold a two-game lead on the second National League Wild Card.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)