Sep 30, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals, who are clinging to the National League’s second Wild Card spot.
Freese drew a walk as a pinch-hitter in Saturday night’s extra-innings loss but hasn’t started a game since rolling his ankle in the indoor batting cage at Houston’s Minute Maid Park last Monday evening.
The 2011 World Series MVP is hitting .296/.374/.471 with 20 homers and 79 RBI in 554 plate appearances this season. St. Louis currently holds a two-game lead over the Dodgers in the NL Wild Card standings.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)