Sep 30, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals, who are clinging to the National League’s second Wild Card spot.
Freese drew a walk as a pinch-hitter in Saturday night’s extra-innings loss but hasn’t started a game since rolling his ankle in the indoor batting cage at Houston’s Minute Maid Park last Monday evening.
The 2011 World Series MVP is hitting .296/.374/.471 with 20 homers and 79 RBI in 554 plate appearances this season. St. Louis currently holds a two-game lead over the Dodgers in the NL Wild Card standings.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)