Sep 30, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
Good news here for the Cardinals, who are clinging to the National League’s second Wild Card spot.
Freese drew a walk as a pinch-hitter in Saturday night’s extra-innings loss but hasn’t started a game since rolling his ankle in the indoor batting cage at Houston’s Minute Maid Park last Monday evening.
The 2011 World Series MVP is hitting .296/.374/.471 with 20 homers and 79 RBI in 554 plate appearances this season. St. Louis currently holds a two-game lead over the Dodgers in the NL Wild Card standings.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 15
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)