Sep 30, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
Good news here for the Cardinals, who are clinging to the National League’s second Wild Card spot.
Freese drew a walk as a pinch-hitter in Saturday night’s extra-innings loss but hasn’t started a game since rolling his ankle in the indoor batting cage at Houston’s Minute Maid Park last Monday evening.
The 2011 World Series MVP is hitting .296/.374/.471 with 20 homers and 79 RBI in 554 plate appearances this season. St. Louis currently holds a two-game lead over the Dodgers in the NL Wild Card standings.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)