Sep 30, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
A scary story after another big win for the Orioles. The team charter experienced a small fire on the flight to St. Pete tonight and was forced to make an emergency landing in Jacksonville. MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports that the team is currently at the Jacksonville airport while the plane is being inspected.
The Orioles are traveling to St. Petersburg to face the Rays in a three-game series beginning Monday. At 92-67, Baltimore is tied with the Yankees atop the AL East.
Update: Incredibly enough, the Orioles’ official Twitter account posted this during the game earlier this afternoon (hat tip to Yahoo’s Jeff Passan).
Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) September 30, 2012
Update 2: The Orioles were able to get back into air after being grounded for about an hour. They learned during the second leg of their flight that they’d be going to the postseason, courtesy of the Rangers’ win over the Angels.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (98)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)