Sep 30, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Trout’s 30-30 season is the 60th in major league history. 37 different players had combined on the previous 59. The youngest to do it was 22-year-old Alex Rodriguez of the Mariners in 1998.
With 48 steals, Trout is one of 19 players to hit 30 homers and steal 40 bases in the same season. Matt Kemp was the last when he finished with 39 homers and 40 steals last year.
One imagines Trout should have at least one or two more 30-30 seasons in his future. Here’s a list of the players to do it multiple times in their careers:
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)