Sep 30, 2012, 4:27 PM EST
Trout’s 30-30 season is the 60th in major league history. 37 different players had combined on the previous 59. The youngest to do it was 22-year-old Alex Rodriguez of the Mariners in 1998.
With 48 steals, Trout is one of 19 players to hit 30 homers and steal 40 bases in the same season. Matt Kemp was the last when he finished with 39 homers and 40 steals last year.
One imagines Trout should have at least one or two more 30-30 seasons in his future. Here’s a list of the players to do it multiple times in their careers:
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 58
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 233
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (232)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)