Sep 30, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
Trout’s 30-30 season is the 60th in major league history. 37 different players had combined on the previous 59. The youngest to do it was 22-year-old Alex Rodriguez of the Mariners in 1998.
With 48 steals, Trout is one of 19 players to hit 30 homers and steal 40 bases in the same season. Matt Kemp was the last when he finished with 39 homers and 40 steals last year.
One imagines Trout should have at least one or two more 30-30 seasons in his future. Here’s a list of the players to do it multiple times in their careers:
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45