Sep 30, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
“It is something I need to take care of,” said the veteran. “I don’t feel it has impacted anything I’ve done this year. It is just time to get it out of the way.”
Konerko has posted a cool .297/.369/.483 batting line with 25 home runs and 72 RBI in 142 games this season. The recovery range for the surgery is four to six weeks, so he should be fine by the spring.
The 36-year-old is under contract with the Pale Hose in 2013 for a salary of $13.5 million.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)