Sep 30, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood yielded only two earned runs but was pulled after needing 76 pitches to get through four innings. The bullpen fared better but would get no run support from the offense.
It was Colorado’s 96th loss of the year, a franchise record, and it marked the second time this season that the Rox were blanked in consecutive games.
The Rockies’ staff ERA is an MLB-worst 5.24. And while the offense has scored plenty of runs, the production has come in inconsistent doses. It doesn’t help that Troy Tulowitzki (groin) has played in only 47 games.
Colorado will wrap up its weekend series with the Dodgers on Sunday afternoon, then it’s off to Arizona for the final three games of the regular season. Expect some major shake-up in Denver this winter.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 2
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)