Sep 30, 2012, 10:34 AM EDT
Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood yielded only two earned runs but was pulled after needing 76 pitches to get through four innings. The bullpen fared better but would get no run support from the offense.
It was Colorado’s 96th loss of the year, a franchise record, and it marked the second time this season that the Rox were blanked in consecutive games.
The Rockies’ staff ERA is an MLB-worst 5.24. And while the offense has scored plenty of runs, the production has come in inconsistent doses. It doesn’t help that Troy Tulowitzki (groin) has played in only 47 games.
Colorado will wrap up its weekend series with the Dodgers on Sunday afternoon, then it’s off to Arizona for the final three games of the regular season. Expect some major shake-up in Denver this winter.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)