Sep 30, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood yielded only two earned runs but was pulled after needing 76 pitches to get through four innings. The bullpen fared better but would get no run support from the offense.
It was Colorado’s 96th loss of the year, a franchise record, and it marked the second time this season that the Rox were blanked in consecutive games.
The Rockies’ staff ERA is an MLB-worst 5.24. And while the offense has scored plenty of runs, the production has come in inconsistent doses. It doesn’t help that Troy Tulowitzki (groin) has played in only 47 games.
Colorado will wrap up its weekend series with the Dodgers on Sunday afternoon, then it’s off to Arizona for the final three games of the regular season. Expect some major shake-up in Denver this winter.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)