Sep 30, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
Rockies starter Tyler Chatwood yielded only two earned runs but was pulled after needing 76 pitches to get through four innings. The bullpen fared better but would get no run support from the offense.
It was Colorado’s 96th loss of the year, a franchise record, and it marked the second time this season that the Rox were blanked in consecutive games.
The Rockies’ staff ERA is an MLB-worst 5.24. And while the offense has scored plenty of runs, the production has come in inconsistent doses. It doesn’t help that Troy Tulowitzki (groin) has played in only 47 games.
Colorado will wrap up its weekend series with the Dodgers on Sunday afternoon, then it’s off to Arizona for the final three games of the regular season. Expect some major shake-up in Denver this winter.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40