Oct 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
With so many teams with postseason hopes and/or still jockeying for playoff position, there are all manner of relevant game on tap between today and Wednesday. Not relavant? Cubs vs. Astros at Wrigley this week. Heck, they’re not even playing for the top pick in the draft next year, as Houston is seven games worse than Chicago. I suppose the Cubs need to hold off the Rockies for the second pick, but that’s hardly enthralling.
In any event, it’s priced accordingly:
The Cubs currently sit a 99 losses, and if you’re interested in heading out to Wrigley Field one last time this season, you can do so for less than it takes to do just about anything in Chicago.
That’s right, two tickets in section 533, row 3 are listed for 19 cents apiece on StubHub.
Night games tonight and tomorrow. But it shouldn’t even reach the 40s at Wrigley. You should totally go.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 190
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)