Oct 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
With so many teams with postseason hopes and/or still jockeying for playoff position, there are all manner of relevant game on tap between today and Wednesday. Not relavant? Cubs vs. Astros at Wrigley this week. Heck, they’re not even playing for the top pick in the draft next year, as Houston is seven games worse than Chicago. I suppose the Cubs need to hold off the Rockies for the second pick, but that’s hardly enthralling.
In any event, it’s priced accordingly:
The Cubs currently sit a 99 losses, and if you’re interested in heading out to Wrigley Field one last time this season, you can do so for less than it takes to do just about anything in Chicago.
That’s right, two tickets in section 533, row 3 are listed for 19 cents apiece on StubHub.
Night games tonight and tomorrow. But it shouldn’t even reach the 40s at Wrigley. You should totally go.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)