Got 19 cents? Go see the Cubs play the Astros

Oct 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

Bananas

With so many teams with postseason hopes and/or still jockeying for playoff position, there are all manner of relevant game on tap between today and Wednesday.  Not relavant? Cubs vs. Astros at Wrigley this week. Heck, they’re not even playing for the top pick in the draft next year, as Houston is seven games worse than Chicago. I suppose the Cubs need to hold off the Rockies for the second pick, but that’s hardly enthralling.

In any event, it’s priced accordingly:

The Cubs currently sit a 99 losses, and if you’re interested in heading out to Wrigley Field one last time this season, you can do so for less than it takes to do just about anything in Chicago.

That’s right, two tickets in section 533, row 3 are listed for 19 cents apiece on StubHub.

Night games tonight and tomorrow. But it shouldn’t even reach the 40s at Wrigley. You should totally go.

1. mybrunoblog - Oct 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

No thanks on the Cubs/Astros. I’ll take the banana.

• stex52 - Oct 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Hey man, it’s an MLB game at Wrigley field. They may be also-rans, but it’s BASEBALL. If there isn’t an actual snowstorm blowing and I was in Chicago, I’d go.

• hotkarlsandwich - Oct 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

1908 World Series Prices! Yes!!!

2. prosourcetalk - Oct 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Actually, they’re $10.64 a piece with the $5 stubhub fee & the $5.45 “delivery” fee for having them emailed to you

3. crookedstick - Oct 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Night games after September 1st at Wrigley are ill-advised. Night games after October 1st at Wrigley are just plain dumb. Unless they’re post-season games…oh wait, it’s the Cubs, nevermind.

• teaspoon1731 - Oct 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM

if chicago can fill soldier field in december, they can sit through a baseball game the first day of october.

4. ibleedroyalblue - Oct 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

That being said, I love baseball. I don’t care who is playing. I’ve never been to Chicago before. If I had a chance to go, I’d be there no matter what the time of year.

• hotkarlsandwich - Oct 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM

sucker… Probably has Royals season tickets

5. Stiller43 - Oct 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Probably 15 after the fees. Not worth it

6. jmp527 - Oct 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I find it hilarious that when an article about baseball pops up on Deadspin.com, very soon after Craig writes an article on the same story

• Craig Calcaterra - Oct 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Maybe it’s because Deadspin’s writers follow the same people on Twitter as I do and are working from the same places. Or did you think Deadspin’s linking the same CBS story I did constituted some higher form of journalism?

• jmp527 - Oct 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

easy there cowboy, I pointed out that Deadspin ran the link this morning and you wrote something hours later. Maybe you do follow the same people on twitter. Maybe you don’t. It really doesn’t bother me. Maybe you read Deadspin and then came up with your paragraph and the link. I don’t consider either a form of journalism. Here’s a hot tip for you: you can buy a seat to tonight’s Pirates/Braves game at the house of misery (PNC Park) for a nickel on stub hub. How about a paragraph for that? “Go see Chipper Jones for a nickel!!!!”

7. gogigantos - Oct 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Been to Wrigley, this is a fair price for any who have not been. Soak it up and all the North Side has to offer, it is a good time.

8. hojo20 - Oct 1, 2012 at 6:53 PM

The Bears are on tonight so the demand to go is way down. It was partly cloudy upper 60s there today, perfect day for a 1:20 start. Too bad Cubs mgmt has sold their souls and play all these night games.

9. jtsmith2012 - Oct 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

,19, huh? So a single Old Style beer would only be a 3950% increase over the actual ticket price. Mmmm, thirsty…

A managerial overanalysis epidemic