Oct 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Because the team option the White Sox hold on Jake Peavy will pay him $22 million, he’s probably going to be a free agent, getting a $4 million buyout instead. If he becomes a free agent, Toni Ginnetti reports, he may act as his own agent, because his current agent is taking a job with the Diamondbacks front office.
“I’d like to come back here,” he said. “I love Chicago and this team. I hope we’ll be able to work something out.”
First rule of the sports agent game, Jake, is to not tell your negotiation partner that you really, really wanna go back there as it sort of harms the leverage. I’m guessing you’ll be OK here, but if you need any other advice, let me know. I’ll only charge you 5% of your next deal. Not 10% like those other, um, ten percenters.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)