Oct 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Because the team option the White Sox hold on Jake Peavy will pay him $22 million, he’s probably going to be a free agent, getting a $4 million buyout instead. If he becomes a free agent, Toni Ginnetti reports, he may act as his own agent, because his current agent is taking a job with the Diamondbacks front office.
“I’d like to come back here,” he said. “I love Chicago and this team. I hope we’ll be able to work something out.”
First rule of the sports agent game, Jake, is to not tell your negotiation partner that you really, really wanna go back there as it sort of harms the leverage. I’m guessing you’ll be OK here, but if you need any other advice, let me know. I’ll only charge you 5% of your next deal. Not 10% like those other, um, ten percenters.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)