Oct 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Because the team option the White Sox hold on Jake Peavy will pay him $22 million, he’s probably going to be a free agent, getting a $4 million buyout instead. If he becomes a free agent, Toni Ginnetti reports, he may act as his own agent, because his current agent is taking a job with the Diamondbacks front office.
“I’d like to come back here,” he said. “I love Chicago and this team. I hope we’ll be able to work something out.”
First rule of the sports agent game, Jake, is to not tell your negotiation partner that you really, really wanna go back there as it sort of harms the leverage. I’m guessing you’ll be OK here, but if you need any other advice, let me know. I’ll only charge you 5% of your next deal. Not 10% like those other, um, ten percenters.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte