Oct 1, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Because the team option the White Sox hold on Jake Peavy will pay him $22 million, he’s probably going to be a free agent, getting a $4 million buyout instead. If he becomes a free agent, Toni Ginnetti reports, he may act as his own agent, because his current agent is taking a job with the Diamondbacks front office.
“I’d like to come back here,” he said. “I love Chicago and this team. I hope we’ll be able to work something out.”
First rule of the sports agent game, Jake, is to not tell your negotiation partner that you really, really wanna go back there as it sort of harms the leverage. I’m guessing you’ll be OK here, but if you need any other advice, let me know. I’ll only charge you 5% of your next deal. Not 10% like those other, um, ten percenters.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45