Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound?
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012
So much talk coming in to the season about Jose Reyes, Heath Bell, Ozzie Guillen, new uniforms and a new stadium, but the prospects of the Marlins in 2012 had so much to do with Josh Johnson being the kind of ace that everyone figured he could be. The season: 8-14 with a 3.41 ERA and 1.280 WHIP in 31 starts.
See ya next year.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 36
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)