Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound?
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012
So much talk coming in to the season about Jose Reyes, Heath Bell, Ozzie Guillen, new uniforms and a new stadium, but the prospects of the Marlins in 2012 had so much to do with Josh Johnson being the kind of ace that everyone figured he could be. The season: 8-14 with a 3.41 ERA and 1.280 WHIP in 31 starts.
See ya next year.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 24
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)