Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound?
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012
So much talk coming in to the season about Jose Reyes, Heath Bell, Ozzie Guillen, new uniforms and a new stadium, but the prospects of the Marlins in 2012 had so much to do with Josh Johnson being the kind of ace that everyone figured he could be. The season: 8-14 with a 3.41 ERA and 1.280 WHIP in 31 starts.
See ya next year.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40