Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound?
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012
So much talk coming in to the season about Jose Reyes, Heath Bell, Ozzie Guillen, new uniforms and a new stadium, but the prospects of the Marlins in 2012 had so much to do with Josh Johnson being the kind of ace that everyone figured he could be. The season: 8-14 with a 3.41 ERA and 1.280 WHIP in 31 starts.
See ya next year.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)