Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound?
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012
So much talk coming in to the season about Jose Reyes, Heath Bell, Ozzie Guillen, new uniforms and a new stadium, but the prospects of the Marlins in 2012 had so much to do with Josh Johnson being the kind of ace that everyone figured he could be. The season: 8-14 with a 3.41 ERA and 1.280 WHIP in 31 starts.
See ya next year.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (173)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)