Oct 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Mark Teixeira is back in the Yankees’ lineup after sitting out 20 straight games and 30 of the past 31 games with a calf injury, playing for the first time since September 8.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that Teixeira feels better now than he did in returning from his initial calf injury, which is important considering it was aggravating the injury that led to the 20-game absence.
He’s playing first base and batting fifth tonight against the Red Sox.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)