Oct 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Mark Teixeira is back in the Yankees’ lineup after sitting out 20 straight games and 30 of the past 31 games with a calf injury, playing for the first time since September 8.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that Teixeira feels better now than he did in returning from his initial calf injury, which is important considering it was aggravating the injury that led to the 20-game absence.
He’s playing first base and batting fifth tonight against the Red Sox.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48