Oct 1, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected Mark Teixeira is back in the Yankees’ lineup after sitting out 20 straight games and 30 of the past 31 games with a calf injury, playing for the first time since September 8.
Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports that Teixeira feels better now than he did in returning from his initial calf injury, which is important considering it was aggravating the injury that led to the 20-game absence.
He’s playing first base and batting fifth tonight against the Red Sox.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)