Oct 1, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Specifically in this case, Cabrera’s amazing Triple Crown chase isn’t getting the attention it deserves. The Triple Crown hasn’t been achieved for 45 years, so we know it isn’t easy. Sure, he’s getting some press and a fair amount of praise. But not nearly enough in my estimation.
Cabrera’s chase deserves a much greater spotlight than it’s receiving
“In `67, the Triple Crown was never even mentioned once,” Yastrzemski said Wednesday night. “We were so involved in the pennant race, I didn’t know I won the Triple Crown until the next day, when I read it in the paper.”
I dunno, if the coverage was good enough for Yaz, it’s good enough for Cabrera.
Not that you haven’t heard about Cabrera, right?
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)