Oct 1, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Specifically in this case, Cabrera’s amazing Triple Crown chase isn’t getting the attention it deserves. The Triple Crown hasn’t been achieved for 45 years, so we know it isn’t easy. Sure, he’s getting some press and a fair amount of praise. But not nearly enough in my estimation.
Cabrera’s chase deserves a much greater spotlight than it’s receiving
“In `67, the Triple Crown was never even mentioned once,” Yastrzemski said Wednesday night. “We were so involved in the pennant race, I didn’t know I won the Triple Crown until the next day, when I read it in the paper.”
I dunno, if the coverage was good enough for Yaz, it’s good enough for Cabrera.
Not that you haven’t heard about Cabrera, right?
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 8
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 4
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)