Oct 1, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Specifically in this case, Cabrera’s amazing Triple Crown chase isn’t getting the attention it deserves. The Triple Crown hasn’t been achieved for 45 years, so we know it isn’t easy. Sure, he’s getting some press and a fair amount of praise. But not nearly enough in my estimation.
Cabrera’s chase deserves a much greater spotlight than it’s receiving
“In `67, the Triple Crown was never even mentioned once,” Yastrzemski said Wednesday night. “We were so involved in the pennant race, I didn’t know I won the Triple Crown until the next day, when I read it in the paper.”
I dunno, if the coverage was good enough for Yaz, it’s good enough for Cabrera.
Not that you haven’t heard about Cabrera, right?
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 59
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)