Oct 1, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Specifically in this case, Cabrera’s amazing Triple Crown chase isn’t getting the attention it deserves. The Triple Crown hasn’t been achieved for 45 years, so we know it isn’t easy. Sure, he’s getting some press and a fair amount of praise. But not nearly enough in my estimation.
Cabrera’s chase deserves a much greater spotlight than it’s receiving
“In `67, the Triple Crown was never even mentioned once,” Yastrzemski said Wednesday night. “We were so involved in the pennant race, I didn’t know I won the Triple Crown until the next day, when I read it in the paper.”
I dunno, if the coverage was good enough for Yaz, it’s good enough for Cabrera.
Not that you haven’t heard about Cabrera, right?
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 11
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)