Oct 1, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Instead that will have to wait another week, which likely means Markakis is at least three weeks from potentially seeing game action.
Baltimore making a deep playoff run could make a Markakis return possible, but even that would assume no further setbacks and a seamless return from a pretty serious injury.
Markakis fractured his thumb being hit by a CC Sabathia pitch on September 8 and the Orioles have recently turned to Chris Davis as their primary right fielder in his absence, with Jim Thome taking over as designated hitter.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)