Oct 1, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum has stunk on ice for most of the year, but despite another shaky start yesterday, Bruce Bochy says he likes how Lincecum is throwing lately — he says he’s been progressing — and that it’s not gonna keep him out of the playoff rotation:
That progression has earned Lincecum at least one more start. The right-hander said after Sunday’s game that he has been told he’ll get a postseason start, although he’s not sure about the details.
“I’m okay with anything,” he said. “As long as I can help out the team in any way, that’s all I’m looking for.”
I presume the rotation will go Cain and Bumgarner in the 1-2 slot and then the hot-of-late Zito? So do you put Lincecum ahead of Vogelsong? I probably would, but it’s not the easiest call.
Either way, when Lincecum is on he’s great and the 5+ ERA is all erased for the postseason. But you have to figure he’ll have a short leash.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)