Oct 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
David Phelps will take Nova’s place against the Red Sox tomorrow, with Nova being available out of the bullpen for what would presumably only be low-leverage action.
Nova went 16-4 with a 3.70 ERA in 165 innings last season and headed into the all-star break this year 10-3 with a 3.92 ERA in 110 innings, but has a 7.05 ERA and .309 opponents’ batting average in 11 second-half starts with a stint on the disabled list with a shoulder injury mixed in.
Phelps has a 3.81 ERA and 50/21 K/BB ratio in 10 starts, plus a 2.76 ERA in 22 relief outings.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness