Oct 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
David Phelps will take Nova’s place against the Red Sox tomorrow, with Nova being available out of the bullpen for what would presumably only be low-leverage action.
Nova went 16-4 with a 3.70 ERA in 165 innings last season and headed into the all-star break this year 10-3 with a 3.92 ERA in 110 innings, but has a 7.05 ERA and .309 opponents’ batting average in 11 second-half starts with a stint on the disabled list with a shoulder injury mixed in.
Phelps has a 3.81 ERA and 50/21 K/BB ratio in 10 starts, plus a 2.76 ERA in 22 relief outings.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 44
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 42
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)