Oct 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Adam Greenberg — the man whose sole big league plate appearance resulted in a beaning — is going to un-Moonlight Graham himself in tonight’s Marlins-Mets game. He won’t start, but Ozzie Guillen said he will pinch hit him at some point in the game, likely when the outcome is not on the line. Guillen says that, despite both teams being out of it, he is going to manage to win.
“He’s a big leaguer. I’m going to treat him like a big leaguer,” Dickey said. “That’s why he’s here. I would hope he wouldn’t want anything less than that. That’s certainly how I’m going to treat him. So if he comes up, he’s going to get a steady dose of my best. Whatever that is.”
I love the “whatever that is” line. With Dickey that could be anything from his weird knuckler to his “fastball” to that changeup he whips out every once in a while. Heck, it could be his powerful, paralyzing, poifect, pachydoimous, percussion pitch.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)