Oct 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Adam Greenberg — the man whose sole big league plate appearance resulted in a beaning — is going to un-Moonlight Graham himself in tonight’s Marlins-Mets game. He won’t start, but Ozzie Guillen said he will pinch hit him at some point in the game, likely when the outcome is not on the line. Guillen says that, despite both teams being out of it, he is going to manage to win.
“He’s a big leaguer. I’m going to treat him like a big leaguer,” Dickey said. “That’s why he’s here. I would hope he wouldn’t want anything less than that. That’s certainly how I’m going to treat him. So if he comes up, he’s going to get a steady dose of my best. Whatever that is.”
I love the “whatever that is” line. With Dickey that could be anything from his weird knuckler to his “fastball” to that changeup he whips out every once in a while. Heck, it could be his powerful, paralyzing, poifect, pachydoimous, percussion pitch.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)