Oct 2, 2012, 7:27 PM EDT
Soria made 25 throws from a distance of 45 feet and reported no issues during or after the short workout.
He is hoping to be ready for the start of the 2013 season, but that would require a speedier recovery than normal. What’s more likely is that he will be cleared to return at some point in late April or early May.
Jonathan Broxton served as the Royals’ primary closer this summer before being traded to the Reds. Greg Holland then took over, flashing signs of dominance. Soria carries an $8 million club option for next season.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)