Oct 2, 2012, 7:27 PM EST
Soria made 25 throws from a distance of 45 feet and reported no issues during or after the short workout.
He is hoping to be ready for the start of the 2013 season, but that would require a speedier recovery than normal. What’s more likely is that he will be cleared to return at some point in late April or early May.
Jonathan Broxton served as the Royals’ primary closer this summer before being traded to the Reds. Greg Holland then took over, flashing signs of dominance. Soria carries an $8 million club option for next season.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)