Oct 2, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
They don’t yet know who they’ll be facing, but the Nationals and Reds have set their NLDS rotations.
Gonzalez, a candidate for the NL Cy Young Award, was an obvious choice for Nationals manager Davey Johnson. The left-hander posted a fantastic 2.89 ERA and 1.13 WHIP in 32 regular-season starts for the NL East champions, fanning 207 batters in 199 1/3 innings. He’ll match up well against anyone.
For the Reds, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, it’ll be Johnny Cueto in Game 1, Bronson Arroyo in Game 2 and Mat Latos in Game 3. Homer Bailey will be available for a potential Game 4.
Cueto was also an easy pick. He had a 2.78 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 170/49 K/BB ratio in 217 frames this year.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)