Oct 2, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
They don’t yet know who they’ll be facing, but the Nationals and Reds have set their NLDS rotations.
Gonzalez, a candidate for the NL Cy Young Award, was an obvious choice for Nationals manager Davey Johnson. The left-hander posted a fantastic 2.89 ERA and 1.13 WHIP in 32 regular-season starts for the NL East champions, fanning 207 batters in 199 1/3 innings. He’ll match up well against anyone.
For the Reds, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, it’ll be Johnny Cueto in Game 1, Bronson Arroyo in Game 2 and Mat Latos in Game 3. Homer Bailey will be available for a potential Game 4.
Cueto was also an easy pick. He had a 2.78 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 170/49 K/BB ratio in 217 frames this year.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)