Oct 3, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
Jered Weaver‘s 2012 ends on a slightly sour note.
The right-hander was pulled after the first inning of the Angels’ season finale Wednesday against the Mariners due to what’s being labeled “fatigue.” Not necessarily arm fatigue — just general exhaustion.
He allowed two earned runs on two hits and two walks before making his premature departure.
Weaver winds up having posted a 20-4 record, a 2.81 ERA and a 1.02 WHIP in 30 starts this season. The 29-year-old All-Star fanned 142 batters and issued only 45 walks in 188 2/3 innings while holding opponents to a .213/.262/.338 batting line.
Anaheim was eliminated from the American League Wild Card hunt on Monday night.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)