Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
The Dodgers were eliminated from postseason contention on Tuesday evening when they lost at home to the Giants. Now comes more bad news.
“We’re talking,” head trainer Sue Falsone told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “We’ll make some decisions in the next 36 hours.”
Kemp is batting .304/.369/.541 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and nine stolen bases through 105 games played this season. He hit .324/.399/.586 with 39 homers, 126 RBI and 40 steals in 161 games last year.
If Kemp undergoes the labrum surgery, he could need up to four months of recovery time.
UPDATE, 10:16 PM: Kemp told MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick that he will undergo surgery on Friday.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)