Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
The Dodgers were eliminated from postseason contention on Tuesday evening when they lost at home to the Giants. Now comes more bad news.
“We’re talking,” head trainer Sue Falsone told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “We’ll make some decisions in the next 36 hours.”
Kemp is batting .304/.369/.541 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and nine stolen bases through 105 games played this season. He hit .324/.399/.586 with 39 homers, 126 RBI and 40 steals in 161 games last year.
If Kemp undergoes the labrum surgery, he could need up to four months of recovery time.
UPDATE, 10:16 PM: Kemp told MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick that he will undergo surgery on Friday.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)