Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
The Dodgers were eliminated from postseason contention on Tuesday evening when they lost at home to the Giants. Now comes more bad news.
“We’re talking,” head trainer Sue Falsone told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “We’ll make some decisions in the next 36 hours.”
Kemp is batting .304/.369/.541 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and nine stolen bases through 105 games played this season. He hit .324/.399/.586 with 39 homers, 126 RBI and 40 steals in 161 games last year.
If Kemp undergoes the labrum surgery, he could need up to four months of recovery time.
UPDATE, 10:16 PM: Kemp told MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick that he will undergo surgery on Friday.
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 0
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 21
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 54
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 77
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 35
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (180)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)