Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
The Dodgers were eliminated from postseason contention on Tuesday evening when they lost at home to the Giants. Now comes more bad news.
“We’re talking,” head trainer Sue Falsone told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “We’ll make some decisions in the next 36 hours.”
Kemp is batting .304/.369/.541 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and nine stolen bases through 105 games played this season. He hit .324/.399/.586 with 39 homers, 126 RBI and 40 steals in 161 games last year.
If Kemp undergoes the labrum surgery, he could need up to four months of recovery time.
UPDATE, 10:16 PM: Kemp told MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick that he will undergo surgery on Friday.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)