Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 PM EST
The Dodgers were eliminated from postseason contention on Tuesday evening when they lost at home to the Giants. Now comes more bad news.
“We’re talking,” head trainer Sue Falsone told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “We’ll make some decisions in the next 36 hours.”
Kemp is batting .304/.369/.541 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and nine stolen bases through 105 games played this season. He hit .324/.399/.586 with 39 homers, 126 RBI and 40 steals in 161 games last year.
If Kemp undergoes the labrum surgery, he could need up to four months of recovery time.
UPDATE, 10:16 PM: Kemp told MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick that he will undergo surgery on Friday.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)