Oct 3, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
The Dodgers were eliminated from postseason contention on Tuesday evening when they lost at home to the Giants. Now comes more bad news.
“We’re talking,” head trainer Sue Falsone told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “We’ll make some decisions in the next 36 hours.”
Kemp is batting .304/.369/.541 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and nine stolen bases through 105 games played this season. He hit .324/.399/.586 with 39 homers, 126 RBI and 40 steals in 161 games last year.
If Kemp undergoes the labrum surgery, he could need up to four months of recovery time.
UPDATE, 10:16 PM: Kemp told MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick that he will undergo surgery on Friday.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)