Oct 3, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Max Scherzer was scratched from tonight’s scheduled start after injuring his ankle in the division-winning celebration Monday, but apparently he woke up this morning feeling a whole lot better.
Jim Leyland has changed plans, deciding to start Scherzer against the Royals after all, and Miguel Cabrera is also in the Tigers’ lineup at third base instead of taking the game off to preserve his batting average lead in the Triple Crown pursuit.
It’ll be a key start for Scherzer, because even before hurting his ankle celebrating he was a question mark for the playoffs due to lingering shoulder problems. He’s thrown just seven innings and 124 pitches in the past 20 days.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)