Oct 3, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
The way, way, way over-played drama of Teddy Roosevelt not winning the President’s Race at Nats Park is finally over. Today, in Game 162 of the Nats best season, Teddy finally won. The campaign to get the previously-hapless Teddy a win can now cease.
If the Nats lose in the NLDS, I’m gonna make a point of blaming the Curse of Teddy. Not that I actually believe in such things. Mostly because I think it’ll annoy the heck out of overly-sensitive Nats fans.
There’s a rumor going around that the Nats are gonna add a new president next year. My vote: History’s Greatest Monster, Jimmy Carter.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)