Oct 3, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The way, way, way over-played drama of Teddy Roosevelt not winning the President’s Race at Nats Park is finally over. Today, in Game 162 of the Nats best season, Teddy finally won. The campaign to get the previously-hapless Teddy a win can now cease.
If the Nats lose in the NLDS, I’m gonna make a point of blaming the Curse of Teddy. Not that I actually believe in such things. Mostly because I think it’ll annoy the heck out of overly-sensitive Nats fans.
There’s a rumor going around that the Nats are gonna add a new president next year. My vote: History’s Greatest Monster, Jimmy Carter.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)