Oct 3, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The way, way, way over-played drama of Teddy Roosevelt not winning the President’s Race at Nats Park is finally over. Today, in Game 162 of the Nats best season, Teddy finally won. The campaign to get the previously-hapless Teddy a win can now cease.
If the Nats lose in the NLDS, I’m gonna make a point of blaming the Curse of Teddy. Not that I actually believe in such things. Mostly because I think it’ll annoy the heck out of overly-sensitive Nats fans.
There’s a rumor going around that the Nats are gonna add a new president next year. My vote: History’s Greatest Monster, Jimmy Carter.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 26
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 13
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 65
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)