Oct 3, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The way, way, way over-played drama of Teddy Roosevelt not winning the President’s Race at Nats Park is finally over. Today, in Game 162 of the Nats best season, Teddy finally won. The campaign to get the previously-hapless Teddy a win can now cease.
If the Nats lose in the NLDS, I’m gonna make a point of blaming the Curse of Teddy. Not that I actually believe in such things. Mostly because I think it’ll annoy the heck out of overly-sensitive Nats fans.
There’s a rumor going around that the Nats are gonna add a new president next year. My vote: History’s Greatest Monster, Jimmy Carter.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)