Oct 3, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The way, way, way over-played drama of Teddy Roosevelt not winning the President’s Race at Nats Park is finally over. Today, in Game 162 of the Nats best season, Teddy finally won. The campaign to get the previously-hapless Teddy a win can now cease.
If the Nats lose in the NLDS, I’m gonna make a point of blaming the Curse of Teddy. Not that I actually believe in such things. Mostly because I think it’ll annoy the heck out of overly-sensitive Nats fans.
There’s a rumor going around that the Nats are gonna add a new president next year. My vote: History’s Greatest Monster, Jimmy Carter.
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 58
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 49
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games