Oct 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
One of the things I noticed during that whole referee lockout in the NFL was how the football player’s union wasn’t exactly vocal in supporting the refs. You’d hope that one union in an industry would support, at least in some way, another union in the same industry. It doesn’t always happen, but labor folks will tell you that it sure helps.
I don’t remember what the MLBPA did several years ago when the baseball umpires had their run-in with the league. But it certainly seems now that the players union is walking the walk when it comes to labor strife involving units representing what might be referred to as talent.
Thanks to Jess for the heads up.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 24
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)