Oct 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
One of the things I noticed during that whole referee lockout in the NFL was how the football player’s union wasn’t exactly vocal in supporting the refs. You’d hope that one union in an industry would support, at least in some way, another union in the same industry. It doesn’t always happen, but labor folks will tell you that it sure helps.
I don’t remember what the MLBPA did several years ago when the baseball umpires had their run-in with the league. But it certainly seems now that the players union is walking the walk when it comes to labor strife involving units representing what might be referred to as talent.
Thanks to Jess for the heads up.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)