Oct 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
One of the things I noticed during that whole referee lockout in the NFL was how the football player’s union wasn’t exactly vocal in supporting the refs. You’d hope that one union in an industry would support, at least in some way, another union in the same industry. It doesn’t always happen, but labor folks will tell you that it sure helps.
I don’t remember what the MLBPA did several years ago when the baseball umpires had their run-in with the league. But it certainly seems now that the players union is walking the walk when it comes to labor strife involving units representing what might be referred to as talent.
Thanks to Jess for the heads up.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)