Oct 3, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
One of the things I noticed during that whole referee lockout in the NFL was how the football player’s union wasn’t exactly vocal in supporting the refs. You’d hope that one union in an industry would support, at least in some way, another union in the same industry. It doesn’t always happen, but labor folks will tell you that it sure helps.
I don’t remember what the MLBPA did several years ago when the baseball umpires had their run-in with the league. But it certainly seems now that the players union is walking the walk when it comes to labor strife involving units representing what might be referred to as talent.
Thanks to Jess for the heads up.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15