Oct 3, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Darvish’s overall 3.90 ERA isn’t great and he’s struggled to consistently throw strikes while walking 89 batters in 191 innings, but he’s definitely shown the ability to dominate a lineup when on his game.
Darvish ranks second among AL pitchers with 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings and third in the league with a .220 opponents’ batting average. And he finished the season on a very strong note, going 5-1 with a 2.35 ERA and 67/15 K/BB ratio in 57 innings over his final eight starts.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)