Oct 4, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Earlier today I mused about having NBC hire Ozzie Guillen. Maybe that’s a longshot. But Bobby Valentine actually LIVES in Stamford, Connecticut, where NBC Sports is based! And it may be his best option!
On Bobby V inquiries:We’re happy with our current roster of MLB commentators and haven’t discussed options for 2013 at this time.
— Ben Cafardo (@Ben_ESPN) October 4, 2012
Bobby, I can assure you: I think the Sox did you dirty and set you up to fail. Call us! Best commute you’ll ever have in your life!
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)