Oct 4, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Earlier today I mused about having NBC hire Ozzie Guillen. Maybe that’s a longshot. But Bobby Valentine actually LIVES in Stamford, Connecticut, where NBC Sports is based! And it may be his best option!
On Bobby V inquiries:We’re happy with our current roster of MLB commentators and haven’t discussed options for 2013 at this time.
— Ben Cafardo (@Ben_ESPN) October 4, 2012
Bobby, I can assure you: I think the Sox did you dirty and set you up to fail. Call us! Best commute you’ll ever have in your life!
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)