Bobby Valentine, call me! Seriously!

Oct 4, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT

Earlier today I mused about having NBC hire Ozzie Guillen.  Maybe that’s a longshot. But Bobby Valentine actually LIVES in Stamford, Connecticut, where NBC Sports is based!  And it may be his best option!

Bobby, I can assure you: I think the Sox did you dirty and set you up to fail.  Call us!  Best commute you’ll ever have in your life!

1. bjbeliever - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

did him dirty

2. blantoncollier - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Bobby, I can assure you: I think the Sox did you dirty and set you up to fail. Call us! Best commute you’ll ever have in your life!

_____________________________________________________________________

Are there French tourists in Stamfod?

3. blantoncollier - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM

_____________________________________________________________________

Are there French tourists in Stamford?

• deathmonkey41 - Oct 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Little known fact: Because of the whiteness of Bobby’s teeth, he is not required to have reflectors on his bike when riding at night.

• bigharold - Oct 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

How about crash bars?

4. shaggylocks - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM

The Red Sox dumped you because you’re crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe…

• b7p19 - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Now that shit’s gonna be in my head all day…

• stlouis1baseball - Oct 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Thanks a lot Shaggy. Just what I needed to see. How am I gonna’ shake those lyrics?

5. cur68 - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I need to witness Gator V Guillen BUT the hilarity of some of the commenters around here and BV talking baseball would be easily as good theatre. How long, I wonder, before Bobby would have to pull out the old saw “you never played”?

6. Old Gator - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Bobby, show them your head. It will be worth it.

7. lew24 - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM

He would be perfect…he was awful in Boston but he is great on tv!

8. kiwicricket - Oct 4, 2012 at 2:56 PM

If you replace Tiffany with Bobby V, I will firebomb your compound Calcaterra

• El Bravo - Oct 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I’m with you 100%

9. pinkfloydprism - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Bobby V: “Hey, I just got fired, and this is crazy…but here’s my number. So call me? Maybe?”

• kiwicricket - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM

That Sir, is an ‘epic fail’.

• pinkfloydprism - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

No it was not. I was able to successfully post it.

10. jwayne03 - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Forget Stephen A. Smith and Skip… There needs to be a debate show with Bobby V and Ozzie G. NBS Sports step your game up and get some real action going on!!!!!

• albertmn - Oct 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM

anyone would be better than Stephen and Skip (especially Skip)

11. husky2score - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Just wait till he sees all your articles about him then he will really wanna join!!!

12. pcardin - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Is NBS Sports a combo of CBS & NBC sports?

“You should be ashamed of yourself” – Inspirational words from the geniuous mind of “The Great” Bobby V

13. pisano - Oct 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Bobby either retire or find another line of work, because you’re finished in MLB. First you get the Red Sox job, then you state you hate the Yankees ( oh, by the way, don’t call them) then you start slamming your own players, Jesus, how the hell dumb are you? As the great Dandy Don you to say on MNF, “Turn out the lights the party’s over”

14. thatswhatsgooood - Oct 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM

so glad this idiot rejected the orioles 2 and a half years ago

• husky2score - Oct 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

True x10. In Buck We Trust all the way baby, all the way.

15. denny65 - Oct 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Do I understand correctly that Bobby V. will spend his time this winter teaching children the fundamentals of safe bicycling?

• bigharold - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM

You Sir heard correctly. I just saw the advertisement on the Internet at http://www.nitwit.com

It’s the Bobby V Tuck and Roll BY-CYcling Academy. It’s held at his restaurant in beautiful downtown Stamford CT. For $7,500 Bobby will take you through a morning of classroom session of browbeating, berating and general belittling. In the afternoon each suck, .. er, .. student will be taken into the parking lot for field work that will include exercises in proper lane change, road rule adherence and first aide.

And of course, between the morning and afternoon sessions lunch will be provided, … beer chicken WRAPS and humble pie.

16. gloccamorra - Oct 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM

A lot of retired people in Connecticut relocate to Florida.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2965)