Oct 4, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Earlier today I mused about having NBC hire Ozzie Guillen. Maybe that’s a longshot. But Bobby Valentine actually LIVES in Stamford, Connecticut, where NBC Sports is based! And it may be his best option!
On Bobby V inquiries:We’re happy with our current roster of MLB commentators and haven’t discussed options for 2013 at this time.
— Ben Cafardo (@Ben_ESPN) October 4, 2012
Bobby, I can assure you: I think the Sox did you dirty and set you up to fail. Call us! Best commute you’ll ever have in your life!
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)