Oct 4, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
If Ozzie Guillen is let go from the Marlins, I would like to see one of the following things happen:
- The Red Sox hire him to be their manager, because my gosh that would be a lot of fun;
- NBC Sports Network hire him to be a full-time baseball pundit on NBC SportsTalk. I’d probably pay NBC to fly me here to Stamford to do the show if Ozzie was around; or
- Short of that, NBC allowing me to hire Ozzie as a HardballTalk contributor. We’d let him answer reader email and tweets and stuff in an “Ask Dr. Ozzie” feature, much like the “Ask Dr. Ozzy” thing that “Rolling Stone” runs.
People gotta make this happen.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)