Oct 4, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
At least what Homer Bush thought it implied.
“Broke” is the ESPN documentary which aired on Tuesday night about athletes, well, going broke. Former Yankees, Blue Jays and Marlins infielder Homer Bush was on it, and he’s angry about how he was portrayed. He says he is not broke, that ESPN made him look like he was and that he is doing just fine and working as a financial advisor. He says:
“I can’t tell you how disappointed I was in the show, and how my faith in basic humanity has been shaken.”
OK, I didn’t see “Broke,” so I have no idea how Bush was portrayed. Among you who saw it: was Bush really made out to be broke? Because I have a hard time believing that ESPN would straight fudge something like that, especially because, based on what others are saying (including TV professional types I’m with at NBC today here in Connecticut), it was really well done.
It’s entirely possible that Bush was cast in an inaccurate light, but it seems more likely to me that Bush is just mad at being an athlete about a show with broke athletes and is worried about being associated with that.
But please: people who saw it, chime in in the comments.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights