Oct 4, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
Bumgarner will be opposed by Bronson Arroyo. The Reds plan to use Mat Latos in Game 3 while Bochy hasn’t decided on a starter yet, as he has left open the possibility of using Tim Lincecum, Barry Zito or Ryan Vogelsong out of the bullpen during the first two games of the series.
Bumgarner posted a 3.37 ERA and 191/49 K/BB ratio in 208 1/3 innings over 32 starts this season. The 23-year-old southpaw didn’t exactly finish the season on a high note, giving up four runs or more in five out of his final seven starts. He hasn’t completed seven innings since August 20. On the bright side, Bumgarner tossed a one-hitter in his lone start against the Reds this season back on June 28.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)