Oct 4, 2012, 8:32 PM EST
Bumgarner will be opposed by Bronson Arroyo. The Reds plan to use Mat Latos in Game 3 while Bochy hasn’t decided on a starter yet, as he has left open the possibility of using Tim Lincecum, Barry Zito or Ryan Vogelsong out of the bullpen during the first two games of the series.
Bumgarner posted a 3.37 ERA and 191/49 K/BB ratio in 208 1/3 innings over 32 starts this season. The 23-year-old southpaw didn’t exactly finish the season on a high note, giving up four runs or more in five out of his final seven starts. He hasn’t completed seven innings since August 20. On the bright side, Bumgarner tossed a one-hitter in his lone start against the Reds this season back on June 28.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 12
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 103
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (107)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)