Oct 4, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
Bumgarner will be opposed by Bronson Arroyo. The Reds plan to use Mat Latos in Game 3 while Bochy hasn’t decided on a starter yet, as he has left open the possibility of using Tim Lincecum, Barry Zito or Ryan Vogelsong out of the bullpen during the first two games of the series.
Bumgarner posted a 3.37 ERA and 191/49 K/BB ratio in 208 1/3 innings over 32 starts this season. The 23-year-old southpaw didn’t exactly finish the season on a high note, giving up four runs or more in five out of his final seven starts. He hasn’t completed seven innings since August 20. On the bright side, Bumgarner tossed a one-hitter in his lone start against the Reds this season back on June 28.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million