Oct 4, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The final numbers are in and Major League Baseball finishes with a total attendance of 74.86 million. That’s up 2% from last season and is the highest since 2008. The 2% increase is the biggest jump since 2007. This, combined with the fact that MLB just announced new TV deals which more than double the haul of the current ones suggests a booming business.
Let us all remember that when the Michigan-Nebraska game gets higher ratings than Game 3 of the World Series later this month and everyone talks about it like it’s the end of the world.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)