Oct 4, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The final numbers are in and Major League Baseball finishes with a total attendance of 74.86 million. That’s up 2% from last season and is the highest since 2008. The 2% increase is the biggest jump since 2007. This, combined with the fact that MLB just announced new TV deals which more than double the haul of the current ones suggests a booming business.
Let us all remember that when the Michigan-Nebraska game gets higher ratings than Game 3 of the World Series later this month and everyone talks about it like it’s the end of the world.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)