Oct 4, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The final numbers are in and Major League Baseball finishes with a total attendance of 74.86 million. That’s up 2% from last season and is the highest since 2008. The 2% increase is the biggest jump since 2007. This, combined with the fact that MLB just announced new TV deals which more than double the haul of the current ones suggests a booming business.
Let us all remember that when the Michigan-Nebraska game gets higher ratings than Game 3 of the World Series later this month and everyone talks about it like it’s the end of the world.
- The beauty of belief 1
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 68
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)