Oct 4, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
The final numbers are in and Major League Baseball finishes with a total attendance of 74.86 million. That’s up 2% from last season and is the highest since 2008. The 2% increase is the biggest jump since 2007. This, combined with the fact that MLB just announced new TV deals which more than double the haul of the current ones suggests a booming business.
Let us all remember that when the Michigan-Nebraska game gets higher ratings than Game 3 of the World Series later this month and everyone talks about it like it’s the end of the world.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)