Oct 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Diamondbacks play-by-play man Daron Sutton was suspended for a “personnel matter” back in June. And then in August his boothmate Mark Grace was suspended after getting another DUI. Now they’re both gone:
The musical chairs in the announcing booths could start soon after Arizona Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told reporters Thursday that neither TV play-by-play announcer Daron Sutton nor analyst Mark Grace will return.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune speculates that White Sox color man Steve Stone and Cubs color man — and former Dbacks manager — Bob Brenly could be candidates for the job.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)