Oct 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Diamondbacks play-by-play man Daron Sutton was suspended for a “personnel matter” back in June. And then in August his boothmate Mark Grace was suspended after getting another DUI. Now they’re both gone:
The musical chairs in the announcing booths could start soon after Arizona Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told reporters Thursday that neither TV play-by-play announcer Daron Sutton nor analyst Mark Grace will return.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune speculates that White Sox color man Steve Stone and Cubs color man — and former Dbacks manager — Bob Brenly could be candidates for the job.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)