Oct 4, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Diamondbacks play-by-play man Daron Sutton was suspended for a “personnel matter” back in June. And then in August his boothmate Mark Grace was suspended after getting another DUI. Now they’re both gone:
The musical chairs in the announcing booths could start soon after Arizona Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall told reporters Thursday that neither TV play-by-play announcer Daron Sutton nor analyst Mark Grace will return.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune speculates that White Sox color man Steve Stone and Cubs color man — and former Dbacks manager — Bob Brenly could be candidates for the job.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)