Oct 4, 2012, 9:57 AM EST
Buster Olney reports:
Marlins are aggressively seeking a replacement for Ozzie Guillen. Will they wait to find someone before firing him? We’ll see.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 4, 2012
This would be the first “aggressive” thing the Fish did all year.
And it would be aggressively stupid. Ozzie Guillen did not cause this team to flounder. And changing your organization’s philosophy every year is no way to run a railroad. Guillen has three more years on his contract. If you expected the playoffs in one year and considered missing the playoffs to be an utter failure, why give him a multi-year deal in the first place?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)