Oct 4, 2012, 9:57 AM EST
Buster Olney reports:
Marlins are aggressively seeking a replacement for Ozzie Guillen. Will they wait to find someone before firing him? We’ll see.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 4, 2012
This would be the first “aggressive” thing the Fish did all year.
And it would be aggressively stupid. Ozzie Guillen did not cause this team to flounder. And changing your organization’s philosophy every year is no way to run a railroad. Guillen has three more years on his contract. If you expected the playoffs in one year and considered missing the playoffs to be an utter failure, why give him a multi-year deal in the first place?
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 32
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 129
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (132)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)