Oct 4, 2012, 9:57 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports:
Marlins are aggressively seeking a replacement for Ozzie Guillen. Will they wait to find someone before firing him? We’ll see.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 4, 2012
This would be the first “aggressive” thing the Fish did all year.
And it would be aggressively stupid. Ozzie Guillen did not cause this team to flounder. And changing your organization’s philosophy every year is no way to run a railroad. Guillen has three more years on his contract. If you expected the playoffs in one year and considered missing the playoffs to be an utter failure, why give him a multi-year deal in the first place?
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 43
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)