Oct 4, 2012, 9:57 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports:
Marlins are aggressively seeking a replacement for Ozzie Guillen. Will they wait to find someone before firing him? We’ll see.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 4, 2012
This would be the first “aggressive” thing the Fish did all year.
And it would be aggressively stupid. Ozzie Guillen did not cause this team to flounder. And changing your organization’s philosophy every year is no way to run a railroad. Guillen has three more years on his contract. If you expected the playoffs in one year and considered missing the playoffs to be an utter failure, why give him a multi-year deal in the first place?
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)