Oct 4, 2012, 9:57 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports:
Marlins are aggressively seeking a replacement for Ozzie Guillen. Will they wait to find someone before firing him? We’ll see.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 4, 2012
This would be the first “aggressive” thing the Fish did all year.
And it would be aggressively stupid. Ozzie Guillen did not cause this team to flounder. And changing your organization’s philosophy every year is no way to run a railroad. Guillen has three more years on his contract. If you expected the playoffs in one year and considered missing the playoffs to be an utter failure, why give him a multi-year deal in the first place?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)