Oct 5, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
The Orioles have pulled ahead again in Arlington. Adam Jones delivered a sacrifice fly in the top of the sixth inning to give the Orioles a 2-1 lead over the Rangers.
J.J. Hardy led off the sixth by dumping a single into shallow right field before Chris Davis singled to right to move him to third. Jones flew out deep to right field to bring Hardy home. Yu Darvish was then visited by a team trainer and his interpreter, as he looked to be favoring his neck and back, but he stayed in the game to get Matt Wieters to pop out to second base and Jim Thome to strike out looking on a nasty curveball.
Joe Saunders came back out for the bottom of the sixth and retired Josh Hamilton on a ground out and Adrian Beltre on a fly out before Buck Showalter brought the hook. Saunders ended up throwing 5 2/3 innings of one-run ball. Pretty good. And downright unexpected. Darren O’Day then got Nelson Cruz to fly out to right to end the inning. The Orioles have the lead as we move to the seventh.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)