Oct 5, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
The Orioles have pulled ahead again in Arlington. Adam Jones delivered a sacrifice fly in the top of the sixth inning to give the Orioles a 2-1 lead over the Rangers.
J.J. Hardy led off the sixth by dumping a single into shallow right field before Chris Davis singled to right to move him to third. Jones flew out deep to right field to bring Hardy home. Yu Darvish was then visited by a team trainer and his interpreter, as he looked to be favoring his neck and back, but he stayed in the game to get Matt Wieters to pop out to second base and Jim Thome to strike out looking on a nasty curveball.
Joe Saunders came back out for the bottom of the sixth and retired Josh Hamilton on a ground out and Adrian Beltre on a fly out before Buck Showalter brought the hook. Saunders ended up throwing 5 2/3 innings of one-run ball. Pretty good. And downright unexpected. Darren O’Day then got Nelson Cruz to fly out to right to end the inning. The Orioles have the lead as we move to the seventh.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 1
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 38
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 65
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)