Oct 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The surgery was performed by Dr. ElAttrache and involved repair of a tear in his labrum and some minor debridement of the rotator cuff. He will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days and is expected to begin swinging a bat in early January. Dr. ElAttrache expects that he will be ready for the start of the 2013 season.
Kemp originally injured the shoulder when he collided with the center field fence at Coors Field on August 28. After missing two games, he batted just .214 with six homers, 15 RBI and a 35/6 K/BB ratio over the final 28 games of the season. The 28-year-old center fielder batted .303/.367/.538 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and a .906 OPS in 106 games overall.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)