Oct 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The surgery was performed by Dr. ElAttrache and involved repair of a tear in his labrum and some minor debridement of the rotator cuff. He will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days and is expected to begin swinging a bat in early January. Dr. ElAttrache expects that he will be ready for the start of the 2013 season.
Kemp originally injured the shoulder when he collided with the center field fence at Coors Field on August 28. After missing two games, he batted just .214 with six homers, 15 RBI and a 35/6 K/BB ratio over the final 28 games of the season. The 28-year-old center fielder batted .303/.367/.538 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and a .906 OPS in 106 games overall.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)