Oct 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The surgery was performed by Dr. ElAttrache and involved repair of a tear in his labrum and some minor debridement of the rotator cuff. He will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days and is expected to begin swinging a bat in early January. Dr. ElAttrache expects that he will be ready for the start of the 2013 season.
Kemp originally injured the shoulder when he collided with the center field fence at Coors Field on August 28. After missing two games, he batted just .214 with six homers, 15 RBI and a 35/6 K/BB ratio over the final 28 games of the season. The 28-year-old center fielder batted .303/.367/.538 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and a .906 OPS in 106 games overall.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 73
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)