Oct 5, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The surgery was performed by Dr. ElAttrache and involved repair of a tear in his labrum and some minor debridement of the rotator cuff. He will begin physical therapy in 7-10 days and is expected to begin swinging a bat in early January. Dr. ElAttrache expects that he will be ready for the start of the 2013 season.
Kemp originally injured the shoulder when he collided with the center field fence at Coors Field on August 28. After missing two games, he batted just .214 with six homers, 15 RBI and a 35/6 K/BB ratio over the final 28 games of the season. The 28-year-old center fielder batted .303/.367/.538 with 23 home runs, 69 RBI and a .906 OPS in 106 games overall.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)