Oct 5, 2012, 8:52 PM EDT
The Orioles have jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in their do-or-die Wild Card matchup against the Rangers in Arlington.
Nate McLouth led off the game by smacking a hard-hit ball to Michael Young at first base, who was unable to get a handle on it. McLouth then stole second base before he was brought home on an RBI single by J.J. Hardy. Yu Darvish was able to get Adam Jones to pop out to first base and Matt Wieters to strike out swinging to avoid any further damage.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)