Oct 5, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
The Orioles have jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in their do-or-die Wild Card matchup against the Rangers in Arlington.
Nate McLouth led off the game by smacking a hard-hit ball to Michael Young at first base, who was unable to get a handle on it. McLouth then stole second base before he was brought home on an RBI single by J.J. Hardy. Yu Darvish was able to get Adam Jones to pop out to first base and Matt Wieters to strike out swinging to avoid any further damage.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (220)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)