Oct 5, 2012, 8:52 PM EST
The Orioles have jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in their do-or-die Wild Card matchup against the Rangers in Arlington.
Nate McLouth led off the game by smacking a hard-hit ball to Michael Young at first base, who was unable to get a handle on it. McLouth then stole second base before he was brought home on an RBI single by J.J. Hardy. Yu Darvish was able to get Adam Jones to pop out to first base and Matt Wieters to strike out swinging to avoid any further damage.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 2
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 29
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 89
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (90)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)