Oct 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
A fair number of HBT Extra/Daily viewers watch those videos for reasons other than me and my nasally lisping of the day’s baseball stories. Many watch because of the lovely and talented anchor, Tiffany Simons.
For those folks I have some sad news: today’s videos — the AL and NL playoff previews — were Tiffany’s swan song for NBC Sports.com. Tiffany is leaving the peacock for Florida, which happens to be her native home. It’s not our business to pry into such matters, but I can say that we at NBC are sad to see her go even if we are happy that good things await her there.
Personally, I am happy that after all of this time I finally, in the past couple of months, got to meet in person the one who has probably done more than anyone else to help me not be self-conscious and terrified in front of a camera. Her secret: getting me to gab about weird crap we read in magazines while waiting for the teleprompter to cue up. It’s impossible to be nervous talking about baseball stuff when you just got done laughing your ass off about romantic comedies, weird unsolved crimes, the beauty secrets of the stars and the like.
Thanks for everything, Tiffany. Good luck and good travels. And I’ll finally let you out of my basement.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)