We bid our farewell to Tiffany Simons

Oct 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT

Tiffany Simons

A fair number of HBT Extra/Daily viewers watch those videos for reasons other than me and my nasally lisping of the day’s baseball stories.  Many watch because of the lovely and talented anchor, Tiffany Simons.

For those folks I have some sad news: today’s videos — the AL and NL playoff previews — were Tiffany’s swan song for NBC Sports.com.  Tiffany is leaving the peacock for Florida, which happens to be her native home.  It’s not our business to pry into such matters, but I can say that we at NBC are sad to see her go even if we are happy that good things await her there.

Personally, I am happy that after all of this time I finally, in the past couple of months, got to meet in person the one who has probably done more than anyone else to help me not be self-conscious and terrified in front of a camera. Her secret: getting me to gab about weird crap we read in magazines while waiting for the teleprompter to cue up. It’s impossible to be nervous talking about baseball stuff when you just got done laughing your ass off about romantic comedies, weird unsolved crimes, the beauty secrets of the stars and the like.

Thanks for everything, Tiffany. Good luck and good travels. And I’ll finally let you out of my basement.

1. cur68 - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Well THIS blows. End of the baseball season, my team ground to dust before the end of August even and now no more Tiff. Jeez. Well, dang it. Dang it to heck.

Good luck in Florida, Tiffany. Gator knows where all the good restaurants are but don’t smoke anything he gives you.

2. shaggylocks - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Nooooooooo!!!!

Okay, now you’re allowed to fully court Bobby V.

3. jayscarpa - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Good luck Tiffany

4. Francisco (FC) - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

This almost feels like Alfred tendering his resignation to Bruce Wayne…

• ajcardsfan - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I think you may have made Craig’s head explode, happy for Batman, sad for what actually happens from the reference

• moogro - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Nice comment. It wouldn’t feel right without you, Francisco.

5. APBA Guy - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM

“Darkness falls”, as Dave Chappelle used to say (in character as Rick James). There is only one way, and one way only that this miserable situation can be redeemed. NBC must pair Craig up with an even prettier, more charismatic female host. Anything less and we’ll all be pining for Tiffany, sighing, and saying “She’s good, she’s just not Tiffany, is she.”

6. kelshannon19 - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Firsts Astros log away another 100 loss season now this?!

7. larryboodry - Oct 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Good luck, Tiffany!

8. stlouis1baseball - Oct 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Damn it! This stinks. But alas….GOOD LUCK TIFFANY.
    On a side note:
    As Cur said…don’t smoke anything Gator gives you.

9. heyblueyoustink - Oct 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Craig, the link to the post detailing the quick conversation between you and Carlo is about the funniest thing i’ve read all week.

10. chazzmon - Oct 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

All the best Tiffany! Smart, cheerful & beautiful, great combo!

11. indaburg - Oct 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Best of luck, Tiffany. All good things yada yada yada.

12. kevinbnyc - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Its ok Craig…we think you’re just as pretty…

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. proudlycanadian - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Alas Tiffany. Parting is such sweet sorrow!

14. newpairofsox - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Thanks for a great season, Tiffany! Best of luck in your new endeavours.

15. Jason @ IIATMS - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Tiffany: “It’s not you, Craig, it’s me”
    Craig: “OK, thanks, I believe you”
    Tiffany, muttering to herself: “Thank god, I am sooo outta here and these creepy seamheads”
    Craig, wipes a tear, like the Native American Indian in that commercial from the 70′s

16. ndnut - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Gator will be happy to show you around his state I’m willing to bet. Drop a note if anyone on the staff is around Southeast South Dakota! (yeah, Florida is probably a lot better ;) )

17. hojo20 - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Once NBC hires a younger, cuter girl, Tiffany will be forgotten.

• bigdicktater - Oct 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM

You’re rude, insensitive and ignorant. I’ll bet you never have the pleasure of the company of someone as pretty and intelligent as Tiffany unless you win the lottery, and then it will only be about the money, it won’t be about you. Loser.

18. moogro - Oct 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Native American Indian!

Tiffany notices that she has about an hour to kill before Cromeo shows up to meet her at Joe’s coffee. She fishes her cell phone out of her purse, looks at it, thinks about it, then puts its back inside. She gazes around at the half-empty room. Having finished the day’s paper and the tattered three month old Women’s Journal, but hopped up on caffeine, she begins to fidget in her seat. She takes out her phone and checks her messages. Staring at the phone’s screen, she starts thumbing through the incoming calls. Far down the list, she finds it. “Oh, what the hell,” she says under her breath. “How weird could it be?”

She presses call. After the phone rings a number of times, Gator picks up. “Is this Gator?” He replies yes, but then says that she can call him by his given name, now that they have
    been introduced. “I’m about 15 minutes away. Do you want to meet at your place or is there somewhere you recommend?” Gator replies, “No way can you get here in 15 minutes with the way that the drivers from an island 90 miles south of here drive. I recommend we go to …, they have the best chicken and marsupial sandwiches west of I-95. Besides, they pour a mean …. that even Angels fans can tell is fantastic.” She laughs.

They exchange pleasantries and hang up. Tiffany stares at her phone. Maybe Macondo is going to be OK….

19. kiwicricket - Oct 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

The only way you can make up for this, is to keep Bobby in your basement for the next 2 yrs, like you did Tiffany.

Three legends off to Cooperstown