Oct 5, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
Here are the Orioles’ and Rangers’ lineups for the Wild Card playoff game:
BALTIMORE ORIOLES TEXAS RANGERS 1. Nate McLouth, LF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. J.J. Hardy, SS 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Chris Davis, RF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 4. Adam Jones, CF 4. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Matt Wieters, C 5. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Jim Thome, DH 6. Michael Young, 1B 7. Mark Reynolds, 1B 7. Mike Napoli, DH 8. Ryan Flaherty, 2B 8. Geovany Soto, C 9. Manny Machado, 3B 9. Craig Gentry, CF SP Joe Saunders, LH SP Yu Darvish, RH
Buck Showalter is going with what has become his standard lineup versus right-handed pitching following injuries to Nick Markakis and Wilson Betemit. Jim Thome gets the start at designated hitter and will be playing in his 68th career playoff game at age 41. Of the nine players starting for the Orioles tonight only Matt Wieters, Adam Jones, and J.J. Hardy were in the Opening Day lineup at the same position (Chris Davis and Mark Reynolds also played the opener, but at different spots than tonight).
Ron Washington stacked the Rangers’ lineup with right-handed bats against left-hander Joe Saunders. David Murphy played regularly against lefties during the season, but he’s benched tonight in favor of Craig Gentry, which also shifts Josh Hamilton from center field to left field. Lefty-hitting Mitch Moreland is also out of the lineup, with Michael Young taking over for him at first base and Mike Napoli sliding into Young’s usual designated hitter spot. Geovany Soto, who was acquired from the Cubs to be Napoli’s backup, will catch Yu Darvish’s playoff debut.
Feel free to chat during the game in the comments section.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)