Oct 6, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
The Athletics have officially announced their roster for their series against the Tigers in the ALDS, which will begin tonight in Detroit. No big surprises in here, but Casey Pratt of CSNBayArea.com passes along word that Brett Anderson is indeed on the roster after straining his oblique during a start in Detroit on September 19.
Anderson spent most of this year rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, so he didn’t make his season debut with the A’s until August 21. The 24-year-old southpaw had a 2.57 ERA and 25/7 K/BB ratio in 35 innings across six starts prior to the oblique injury.
The A’s have 12 pitchers and 13 position players on their roster. Athletics manager Bob Melvin has elected to carry left-handers Travis Blackley, Jerry Blevins and Pedro Figueroa in his bullpen. Blackley will function as a long-man, but Figueroa offers a second lefty for possible matchups against Prince Fielder and Alex Avila. As Aaron mentioned yesterday, right-hander Pat Neshek is active after his son died less than 24 hours after being born earlier this week.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 1
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 38
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 65
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)