Oct 6, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
The Athletics have officially announced their roster for their series against the Tigers in the ALDS, which will begin tonight in Detroit. No big surprises in here, but Casey Pratt of CSNBayArea.com passes along word that Brett Anderson is indeed on the roster after straining his oblique during a start in Detroit on September 19.
Anderson spent most of this year rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, so he didn’t make his season debut with the A’s until August 21. The 24-year-old southpaw had a 2.57 ERA and 25/7 K/BB ratio in 35 innings across six starts prior to the oblique injury.
The A’s have 12 pitchers and 13 position players on their roster. Athletics manager Bob Melvin has elected to carry left-handers Travis Blackley, Jerry Blevins and Pedro Figueroa in his bullpen. Blackley will function as a long-man, but Figueroa offers a second lefty for possible matchups against Prince Fielder and Alex Avila. As Aaron mentioned yesterday, right-hander Pat Neshek is active after his son died less than 24 hours after being born earlier this week.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)