Oct 6, 2012, 7:26 PM EDT
A’s starter Jarrod Parker nearly pitched his way around a one-out double from the Tigers’ Omar Infante in the bottom of the third inning of this ALDS Game 1, but the Oakland right-hander misplayed a Quintin Berry slow-roller near the first base bag and the potential third out turned into Detroit’s go-ahead score when Infante bolted home from second base.
Detroit leads Oakland 2-1 as the fourth inning gets underway at a chilly Comerica Park.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander is already up to 61 pitches, so that warrants monitoring as the night rolls on.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)