Oct 6, 2012, 7:26 PM EST
A’s starter Jarrod Parker nearly pitched his way around a one-out double from the Tigers’ Omar Infante in the bottom of the third inning of this ALDS Game 1, but the Oakland right-hander misplayed a Quintin Berry slow-roller near the first base bag and the potential third out turned into Detroit’s go-ahead score when Infante bolted home from second base.
Detroit leads Oakland 2-1 as the fourth inning gets underway at a chilly Comerica Park.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander is already up to 61 pitches, so that warrants monitoring as the night rolls on.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)