Oct 6, 2012, 7:26 PM EDT
A’s starter Jarrod Parker nearly pitched his way around a one-out double from the Tigers’ Omar Infante in the bottom of the third inning of this ALDS Game 1, but the Oakland right-hander misplayed a Quintin Berry slow-roller near the first base bag and the potential third out turned into Detroit’s go-ahead score when Infante bolted home from second base.
Detroit leads Oakland 2-1 as the fourth inning gets underway at a chilly Comerica Park.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander is already up to 61 pitches, so that warrants monitoring as the night rolls on.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead