Oct 6, 2012, 7:26 PM EDT
A’s starter Jarrod Parker nearly pitched his way around a one-out double from the Tigers’ Omar Infante in the bottom of the third inning of this ALDS Game 1, but the Oakland right-hander misplayed a Quintin Berry slow-roller near the first base bag and the potential third out turned into Detroit’s go-ahead score when Infante bolted home from second base.
Detroit leads Oakland 2-1 as the fourth inning gets underway at a chilly Comerica Park.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander is already up to 61 pitches, so that warrants monitoring as the night rolls on.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)