Oct 6, 2012, 7:26 PM EST
A’s starter Jarrod Parker nearly pitched his way around a one-out double from the Tigers’ Omar Infante in the bottom of the third inning of this ALDS Game 1, but the Oakland right-hander misplayed a Quintin Berry slow-roller near the first base bag and the potential third out turned into Detroit’s go-ahead score when Infante bolted home from second base.
Detroit leads Oakland 2-1 as the fourth inning gets underway at a chilly Comerica Park.
Tigers ace Justin Verlander is already up to 61 pitches, so that warrants monitoring as the night rolls on.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)