Oct 7, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tarp is coming off the field! Game starts at 8:40
5:59 PM: The tarp is on and the rain is falling down, so this one is delayed. It’s all good. More time for me to eat the wings and stuff I got.
5:03 PM: Here are the lineups for Game One of the Yankees-Orioles division series. Of course, no matter who is playing in the game itself, batting first in this broadcast will likely be six dozen references to Jeffrey Maier. Which won’t get old at all. Pair it up with some Monica Lewinsky jokes if you really want to be taken back.
The game starts at 6:07 PM and will be broadcast on TBS. Be there or be square.
Starter: CC Sabathia
Starter: Jason Hammel
All of you who thought that Nate McLouth would be leading off in a playoff series and Lew Ford would even be playing a whole major league season this year, please raise your hand. You, there in the back with you hand raised: stop lying.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17