Oct 7, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tarp is coming off the field! Game starts at 8:40
5:59 PM: The tarp is on and the rain is falling down, so this one is delayed. It’s all good. More time for me to eat the wings and stuff I got.
5:03 PM: Here are the lineups for Game One of the Yankees-Orioles division series. Of course, no matter who is playing in the game itself, batting first in this broadcast will likely be six dozen references to Jeffrey Maier. Which won’t get old at all. Pair it up with some Monica Lewinsky jokes if you really want to be taken back.
The game starts at 6:07 PM and will be broadcast on TBS. Be there or be square.
Starter: CC Sabathia
Starter: Jason Hammel
All of you who thought that Nate McLouth would be leading off in a playoff series and Lew Ford would even be playing a whole major league season this year, please raise your hand. You, there in the back with you hand raised: stop lying.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)