Oct 7, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tarp is coming off the field! Game starts at 8:40
5:59 PM: The tarp is on and the rain is falling down, so this one is delayed. It’s all good. More time for me to eat the wings and stuff I got.
5:03 PM: Here are the lineups for Game One of the Yankees-Orioles division series. Of course, no matter who is playing in the game itself, batting first in this broadcast will likely be six dozen references to Jeffrey Maier. Which won’t get old at all. Pair it up with some Monica Lewinsky jokes if you really want to be taken back.
The game starts at 6:07 PM and will be broadcast on TBS. Be there or be square.
Starter: CC Sabathia
Starter: Jason Hammel
All of you who thought that Nate McLouth would be leading off in a playoff series and Lew Ford would even be playing a whole major league season this year, please raise your hand. You, there in the back with you hand raised: stop lying.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)