Oct 7, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tarp is coming off the field! Game starts at 8:40
5:59 PM: The tarp is on and the rain is falling down, so this one is delayed. It’s all good. More time for me to eat the wings and stuff I got.
5:03 PM: Here are the lineups for Game One of the Yankees-Orioles division series. Of course, no matter who is playing in the game itself, batting first in this broadcast will likely be six dozen references to Jeffrey Maier. Which won’t get old at all. Pair it up with some Monica Lewinsky jokes if you really want to be taken back.
The game starts at 6:07 PM and will be broadcast on TBS. Be there or be square.
Starter: CC Sabathia
Starter: Jason Hammel
All of you who thought that Nate McLouth would be leading off in a playoff series and Lew Ford would even be playing a whole major league season this year, please raise your hand. You, there in the back with you hand raised: stop lying.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)