Oct 7, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
UPDATE: Tarp is coming off the field! Game starts at 8:40
5:59 PM: The tarp is on and the rain is falling down, so this one is delayed. It’s all good. More time for me to eat the wings and stuff I got.
5:03 PM: Here are the lineups for Game One of the Yankees-Orioles division series. Of course, no matter who is playing in the game itself, batting first in this broadcast will likely be six dozen references to Jeffrey Maier. Which won’t get old at all. Pair it up with some Monica Lewinsky jokes if you really want to be taken back.
The game starts at 6:07 PM and will be broadcast on TBS. Be there or be square.
Starter: CC Sabathia
Starter: Jason Hammel
All of you who thought that Nate McLouth would be leading off in a playoff series and Lew Ford would even be playing a whole major league season this year, please raise your hand. You, there in the back with you hand raised: stop lying.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)