Oct 7, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the A’s and Tigers, set to get underway at 12 p.m. ET:
OAKLAND ATHLETICS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Coco Crisp, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 2. Omar Infante, 2B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Brandon Moss, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Josh Reddick, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Seth Smith, DH 7. Andy Dirks, LF 8. George Kottaras, C 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B 9. Gerald Laird, C SP Tommy Milone, LH SP Doug Fister, RH
The A’s have made just one lineup change following Saturday’s Game 1 loss, subbing in Kottaras for Derek Norris at catcher. Norris, a 23-year-old rookie, went 0-for-3 with a strikeout Saturday in his first taste of MLB’s postseason. Kottaras is a poor defensive backstop, but his bat does have some pop. And the Athletics will be hoping to pour on runs with Justin Verlander out of the picture for Detroit.
The Tigers, meanwhile, are featuring sweeping changes to their batting order with the A’s tossing a left-hander in Game 2. A-Jax remains in his familiar leadoff spot, but it’ll be Infante hitting second rather than Quintin Berry, who will open the game on the bench. Peralta will hit sixth rather than seventh and Laird will start at catcher despite Alex Avila going 2-for-3 with a homer in Saturday’s Game 1 victory. Garcia, a 21-year-old from Venezuela, will make his first start in a major league postseason game.
Consider this an open thread. The game is being broadcast on MLB Network.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 35
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 13
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)