Oct 7, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS between the A’s and Tigers, set to get underway at 12 p.m. ET:
OAKLAND ATHLETICS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Coco Crisp, CF 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Stephen Drew, SS 2. Omar Infante, 2B 3. Yoenis Cespedes, LF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B 4. Brandon Moss, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Josh Reddick, RF 5. Delmon Young, DH 6. Josh Donaldson, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Seth Smith, DH 7. Andy Dirks, LF 8. George Kottaras, C 8. Avisail Garcia, RF 9. Cliff Pennington, 2B 9. Gerald Laird, C SP Tommy Milone, LH SP Doug Fister, RH
The A’s have made just one lineup change following Saturday’s Game 1 loss, subbing in Kottaras for Derek Norris at catcher. Norris, a 23-year-old rookie, went 0-for-3 with a strikeout Saturday in his first taste of MLB’s postseason. Kottaras is a poor defensive backstop, but his bat does have some pop. And the Athletics will be hoping to pour on runs with Justin Verlander out of the picture for Detroit.
The Tigers, meanwhile, are featuring sweeping changes to their batting order with the A’s tossing a left-hander in Game 2. A-Jax remains in his familiar leadoff spot, but it’ll be Infante hitting second rather than Quintin Berry, who will open the game on the bench. Peralta will hit sixth rather than seventh and Laird will start at catcher despite Alex Avila going 2-for-3 with a homer in Saturday’s Game 1 victory. Garcia, a 21-year-old from Venezuela, will make his first start in a major league postseason game.
Consider this an open thread. The game is being broadcast on MLB Network.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)